The Polymarket team takes our commitment to writing clear, unambiguous, and thorough markets seriously, and we recognize that major steps must be taken to hold ourselves to the highest possible standard.
For that reason, we are excited to announce our Market Review Bounty Program, which invites community members to review and improve our markets in return for payment of varying ‘levels’ depending on severity. We appreciate our community’s passion and subject-matter expertise, and we want your help in publishing the best markets possible.
Want to get involved? Here’s everything you need to know to earn a market review bounty.
How much are bounty payouts?
Bounty payouts will be determined by the severity, impact, and likelihood of the reported error, at the discretion of the Markets Integrity Committee (MIC).
Level 1 (Minor): Up to $100
- Small, inconsequential errors in spelling or grammar in market descriptions, extremely unlikely edge cases, or otherwise non-severe edge cases in market criteria.
Level 2 (Moderate): Up to $500
- Moderate errors like bracket misspellings, issues pertaining to the reliability of a resolution source, or the ability to manipulate a market or obtain early data.
Level 3 (Severe): Up to $1000
- Potential issues with how our markets will resolve, including incorrect brackets, resolution dates, or severe edge cases that are likely to prevent fair market resolution.
What are some examples of market errors I should look out for?
- Spelling & Grammar — Simple mistakes in how the market is written.
- Brackets — Ranges for market outcomes which do not fully encompass the relevant possibilities for resolution.
- Edge cases — Any possible outcome that is not included in how the market is designed.
- Fairness — The ability to manipulate or interact with a market or its data in a way not accessible to other users.
What is the submissions process?
- Tell us about what you found by writing a message in the market-review channel of our Discord channel.
- Our team will review your submission and investigate the error.
- If applicable, we will determine a bounty payout for your contribution.
To be eligible for a market bounty reward, you must:
- Be the first to report the market problem.
- Include enough detail in your submission for our team to understand the problem.